Saturday, November 17, 2012

CIM Training 2012: Week #14

CIM 2012: Week #14

Monday - Yoga
Tuesday - Power
Wednesday - Pilates / Speedwork (6.77 miles)
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Hills 5x (6.18 miles)
Saturday - Tempo (9.96 miles)
Sunday - Long Run (16.01 miles)
Total Mileage for Week =38.92 miles

On Wednesday, since it was Halloween, I thought I was going to have to take my kid out for trick or treating. Instead, she decided to go out with our neighbor and her family. That meant I was free to do my workout. I decided to run to LOMS track and do some speedwork in the dark. I ran 4x 800s with just my head lamp on. It takes a lot of getting used to running in the dark. I was trying to run as fast as I could, but at the same time was very careful on where I landed. It seemed pretty easy to twist a foot. So yes, my paces for these 800s (4:01/3:59/4:00/4:04) are a bit slow compared to three weeks ago. However, these paces are pretty consistent than in my previous sets, so this can't be all that bad.

Friday was my last sets of long hill repeats. My paces were pretty consistent  (7:39/7:48/7:54/7:36/7:55/7:55). I was glad that I was able to get to this point without injuries.

Saturday was my Hammer workout. I ran 2mi @MP/1mi @5k/1mi @MP/800 for a total workout of 10 miles including warm up and cool down.  My paces were: 8:41/7:47/8:23/7:53. My 800 should have been the fastest, but I was tired and this was a very challenging workout. I was glad it was over. I will definitely keep this for future training plans I do.  I made sure I ate breakfast for this workout. You can run on a depleted state and expect great times.

What weird weather we're having here locally and across the nation.   I can't help but feel so sad for the people of NYC. I cannot imagine the ruins and the magnitude of what folks have lost.  At the aftermath of the storm, a run/race seems so inconsequential to what others have lost: lives, homes, loved ones. The whole NYC marathon that wasn't, have left a lot of emotions stirring on both sides. I hope that NYRR can find some resolution to this mess. We all knew that no matter what decision was made, there would always be unhappy folks on either side.

Sunday was incredibly hot for a long run. It was also daylight savings time, so I opted to take advantage of the extra hour and slept it. Big mistake. It was already warm when I got out. To make things worse, I ran with no breakfast. There was a little part of me that said be smart and bring some gels "just in case".  That 'just in case' time came at about mile four.  I had 12 to go. I kept thinking that I should just bag the run and try again next week. But I played mind games, telling myself, "just two more miles, then if you still feel bad, call hubby." It went on like that until I was within steps to home. Thank God! It was done and I didn't give up. 

Those bad runs still happens to me. It's not always easy. I'm just glad I came on top and Week #14 is in the books!  Happy Running!








No comments:

Post a Comment