Thursday, August 19, 2010

What's in your ipod? (to the jingle of "What's in your wallet?"

For years, I ran without music. I got tired of carrying that chunky yellow brick of a Walkman by Sony in my long runs. I would get mad when in the middle of a long run the batteries would kick out.  I'd carry that huge lug around my waist for nothing, just as a dead weight. It was too cumbersome. I used to have to flip the cassette tapes to listen to the "B" side.  Remember those?  The yellow head phones would hurt my ears after an hour or two. The wires would get all tangled up if I decided to take my first layer off. It was too much to deal with so I gave it up.  There has been a ton of electronic evolution between the Sony Walkman and the 4th generation shuffle by Apple.  As a Mother's Day gift in 2009, I was ready to try something new. 

I have been running with the ipod for over a year and a half now and I love it. The 12-hour charge is incredible.  It is a far cry from those AA batteries which would die out in the most inopportune moment.  The 1 gig is more than enough, holding an equivalent of 250 songs, if I am not mistaken. The best part is, this thing is so small that it hardly ever get in my way.  I usually wear it clipped on to my running cap and wrapped the cord around my pony tail leaving just enough for the ears. When I take my layers off, it does not get in the way.   Here's my playlist for training in the NY City Marathon this fall.

Beautiful Day U2

All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2
Bette Davis Eyes -Kim Carnes
Empire State of Mind -Jay-Z Alicia+Keys
Every Breath You Take -The Police
Niagara Fall- Harlem Shakes
The Rising -Bruce Springsteen
Steel G- Antietam Opus Mixtum Alternative
Streets of Philadelphia- Bruce Springsteen
Under Pressure- Queen
The Way I Are -(feat. Keri Hilson & D.O.E.) Timbaland
Where Does the Good Go -Tegan and Sara
OMG -Usher
Requiem -M.Ward Post-War
Sweet Home Alabama -Lynyrd Skynyrd
Unwritten -Natasha Bedingfield
Where Is The Love -The Black Eyed Peas
All I Want Is You - VSQ
Black Horse & The Cherry Tree- KT Tunstall
Can't Get You out of My Head - Kylie Minogue
Crazy In Love - Beyoncé
Dear Jessie - Madonna
Family Affair- Mary J. Blige
Four Minutes -(feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland)
Get Ur Freak On - Missy Elliott
Hearing Damage -Thom Yorke New Moon Soundtrack Soundtrack
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
Hot N Cold - Katy Perry
Jai Ho  -A.R. Rahman, Sukhvinder Singh Slum Dog Millionnaire Soundtrack
Jigsaw Falling Into Place - Radiohead
Losing My Religion -R.E.M.
Meet Me Halfway - The Black Eyed Peas The E.N.D.
Mercy - Buffy
Mrs. Robinson - Simon & Garfunkel
My Humps - Black Eyed Peas
O...Saya - A. R. Rahman & M.I.A. Slum Dog Millionnaire Sound
Paper Planes-  M.I.A.
Poker Face - Lady GaGa
Riots - A.R. Rahman, Sukhvinder Singh Slum Dog
Sexy Back -Justin Timberlake Sexy Back
Shadow of the Day -Linkin Park
Shut Up - Black Eyed Peas
Silver Lining -Rilo Kiley
Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
Spaceman - The Killers 2
Such Great Heights - Postal Service
Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall
The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite - R.E.M.
Where the Streets Have No Name - U2
Baba O'Riley-1 The Who
Cecelia -Simon & Garfunkel 
Dancing With Myself- Billy Idol
Disturbia - Rihanna
Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna 
Gonna Fly Now (Theme from "Rocky") -Bill Conti Rocky (30th Anniversary Edition)
Goodbye Horses - Q Lazzarus & Garvey
Hey, Soul Sister -Train Train Pop
I Got A Feeling -Black Eyed Peas
Just Dance -Lady GaGa
Kodachrome Paul Simon The Essential Paul Simon
M79 Vampire Weekend Vampire Weekend
Rebellion (Lies) The Arcade Fire Funeral Alternative
Rise Safri Duo
Viva La Vida Coldplay
Walk Like an Egyptian The Bangles
Whip It Devo
Young Turks Rod Stewart
Zocalo Armin Van Buuren
Won't Get Fooled Again The Who

Looking for more cool songs.  What's your favorite go to songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment